My sister.
The happiest of birthdays to the woman who inspires me like no other. To the woman who says yes to the world regardless of how many times it has said no to her. To the woman who turned me on to pears and blue cheese. To the woman who never stops craving adventures. To the woman who embraces tears, but laughter even more. To the woman who knows what it is to sweat and to move stiff muscles. To the woman who has never passed up an opportunity for a wet-nosed kiss or a furry headbutt from any animal. To the woman who has seen Utah sunrises and will see New Mexico ones as well. To the woman who, like me, has felt The Dread, and fought it. To the woman with whom I've climbed over mountains and through gorges, and will continue to. To the woman who loves her father and shows him in words and in languages that will never know speech. To the woman with whom I've shared fish tacos and margaritas as the sun sets. To the woman who has not forgotten the magic of handwritten letters. To the woman who makes me feel special by spelling my name differently. To the woman who loves skeletons, and a sharp wit. To the woman who deserves more than the world could hold in its oceans, plains, or deserts. To the woman whose loyalty is more fierce than any I know. To the woman whose heart breaks for those in pain and sorrow. To the woman who gives with both hands and embraces with wide arms. To the woman who I would gladly go to the end of the Universe for, and who is my partner in putting myself out into it, open and ready.
I love you dearly. Lets start reminding each other every week.
"Nothing is worth more than this day."
-Goethe
No comments:
Post a Comment